Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Capacity to Carry

One of the things that really make me proud of owning a KIA Picanto is whenever people underestimate its carrying capacity. I actually heard someone say that the car looked good but it has a small trunk space. They couldn't be more wrong!

I recently ordered 170 kilos of ube and 30 kilos of processed peanuts from my hometown in Samar as part of my family business. The whole order was packed in 3 sacks and 5 biscuit cans.

rear view Posted by Hello
My relatives shipped my order on an Eagle Star Bus which arrived 4:45am in their Edsa terminal in Pasay City. Unfortunately, the bus would just stop over for a few minutes (just enough to unload passengers) then continue to it terminal in Cubao. So I had to work fast and transfer the stuff from the bus to the car.


rear view unzoomed Posted by Hello
The funny thing was, the first thing that the bus helper said was, "Magkakasya ba yung tatlong sako? (Will the 3 sacks fit?)". I happily said yes and proceeded into converting the rear seats into a large trunk space.


side view Posted by Hello
So, how was the performance? I was able to accelerate to 120kph while driving on Coastal Road back to Cavite. Vehicle handling was still the same as if you have a 5 people inside the car (including the driver).


The wife Posted by Hello
As a closing remark, a lot of people doesn't know that a hatchback can actually carry bigger and longer items than normal car. Why? Because you can let the extra items stick out of the back of the car!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Waaahhh...I can't say it's nice to look at (the passenger side) but I'm glad your Pica has been very useful for your business!