Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Color coding blues

The license plate for my picanto ends with the number 6. Which means (in the Philippines) that Rufus cannot be on the road every Wednesday at 7am to 10am and 3pm to 7pm. Thats how the government is managing rush hour traffic.

Normally, I have a parking spot in the PBCom Tower on Ayala Avenue. Sometimes, for one reason or another, I would be late in getting up on a Wednesday morning and I have a choice of going to work without Rufus or waiting for the 10am to 3pm window period. Unfortunately, this window does not exist for the areas of Makati and Pasig ...


Creatively parking in Harrison Plaza Posted by Hello

This would mean I would have to park in my wifes office in U.N. Avenue in Manila or be really creative and find a nearer parking space to Makati.

Anybody knows a good parking area just outside of Makati?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i ask how much is your picanto coz im planning to buy one,.,,

bathala said...

@bon, thanks for the info. I'll look up the places that you mentioned.

@anonymous, I ordered my car around October 2004 and got it around November. My initial order was a manual transmission which was quoted at Php325,000. Unfortunately, what arrived was an automatic transmission and they added Php50,000 to the quoted price. So the price of the car was Php375,000 but with the increase ... all the other costs increased too (Insurance, Taxes, etc).