Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A Wedding

Last Sunday, August 28th, I drove Rufus to my friend's wedding held at the Barasoin Church in Malolos, Bulacan.


2 hours early Posted by Picasa

It was a pretty long drive since I was coming from Bacoor via Coastal Road, passing by Edsa, Guadalupe for 3 passengers and continuing to the North Luzon Expressway and exiting through Tabang and straight to Malolos. Whew! BTW, NLEX is charging 75Php from Balintawak to Malolos.


Better shade from the nearby tree Posted by Picasa

Although me and my wife alternatively use the car everyday, it was seldom that I use Rufus for almost 200Km at one stretch. The ride was pleasurable with the vehicle weight:engine ratio, I was able to weave in and out of the EDSA traffic. While on the NLEX, with the judicious use of the Overdrive, overtaking slow vehicles was a breeze. No complaints from the passengers too!


Rushing after the bridal car Posted by Picasa

The wedding was a big success! My friend and his wife was really happy. My only regret was that I forgot to set the Odometer to measure the actual distance Rufus traveled. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! Nice to know there is a blog for Kia Picanto Philippines. I also own a Picanto LX, red. I'd like to post a blog myself but I cannot get past beyond the sign-in user name. No matter what I write, I was prompted that the name is not available.

Your essays are very nice to read! I like this personal accounts especially your trips out of town, something I also like to do.

Keep on posting. Best regards!

CtrlAltDel

bathala said...

Hey CtrlAltDel,

You should contact Jerome through this link: http://www.blogger.com/profile/540473

He can give you publishing access so you can post your experiences. :)

Anonymous said...

hey! i saw ur blog while searching for kia picanto, hope u dont mind me copying some of ur picanto pics. i wanna convince my mom to get me one for my bday. thanks. :D

Anonymous said...

hi. i'm planning on buying a picanto for my daughters as their school service. may i ask how much is a picanto right now? thanks!

antonette said...

i am getting a picanto soon! i am so excited! it's going to be my first car. :)

Anonymous said...

i got a picanto named junjun when I was still back home, super miss it and was extremely happy about it. I don't care about what other people say about korean cars - at the end of the day it's really about you and the car. I'm now here in the US and sadly I can't get another junjun.

martin